House extension   UK
 Home extension guide - how to build a house extension and refurbish your home


About Us Advertise on this site Contact Us Privacy Disclaimer Site Map


Use our professional services for your own home extension plans


• Leave room for storing recyclables in the kitchen layout

• Make space for bin/recycling bins externally

• Compost organic waste

Who can help me on this?

Local Authority Building Control: contact

RIBA – Green Register

A number of Architects and Surveyors specialise in sustainability and energy efficiency.

Are these requirements or recommendations and are there regulations I have to comply with?

Yes, you will have to make an application under the Building Regulations which cover certain aspects such as ventilation, insulation and drainage.

Your Local Authority Building Control Team will be happy to help.

Building Control will also be happy to advise as to compliance with the Building Regulations and on the issue of completion certificates at the end of the work. This is necessary should you wish to sell your property in the future.































©2012-All rights reserved

This page last updated:

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Finder